Well...as I said before, this crib just would not do with my newly re-covered baby bumper and crib skirt fashioned especially for the newest little mousser. It was a great color for a boy, but definitely not for a rockstar girlie! I want a black crib, dang it! Jeff finally convinced me that selling this plain-old, unromantic one on Craig's list, while worth a try, was probably not going to be the most logical situation, especially since this good ole crib has worked just great. So, I gave in to my always -insightful husband, who happens to be really good at stepping back from situations and seeing them in more black and white...when he wants to. Instead of spending $(GULP).00 on a brand new beautiful black sleigh crib, I purchased 1 can of spray paint primer (and used the another half bottle from a previous project)and 4 cans of flat black spray paint. I reused the glossy top coat paint that I used for fixing up Max's new toddler bed (which I posted before on my 'trash to trea
sure' post) and wA-LaA!!! She's a beaut...if I do say so myself. I painted her up this weekend, Jeff had a project sitting at home waiting for him after work (reconstructing every little piece of that crib without instructions, or any recollection what it looked like before he took it apart)...I was prepared for yet another power drill falling to the way side, with a few unpleasant words flowing out from behind Max's closed bedroom door, but he did AwEsOme...I'm very impressed with his Handy Manny skills. So, now we're ready for her! ha ha...absolutely not...I still have shelves to organize, clothes to buy, bottles to sanitize, a changing pad to purchase along with countless other nik-nak-patty-wak things to do...don't know if I'll be ready when she is, but I still have 3 months, right???PS, I'm getting induced a week early!!! woo hoo! maybe we really will have an April Fools day baby after all!
So much to do, so little time!

7 comments:
This turned out awesome!! I miss you and your awesome talents!
Way to put your tagging skills to good use!
It looks awesome...I'm sure she'll sleep much better now that it's black. :) Love you!
So CUTE Autumn Joy! I MISS yOU! =(
LoVe It!! I must say it looks great with the bedding you made!! You are amazing. And yep, I'm STILL pregnant!!! I have never been pregnant this long before so we'll see how much longer I can survive (there is an end in sight, I too will be induced a week early - on Tues - if the little bugger doesn't come sooner).
it turned out super cute!! Right now we are finishing painting her room and then its on to painting the crib and changing table. IM going to attempt(hopefully with help from my mother in law) to make her bedding. I want to be induced at week early.
It looks so awesome. She's going to have the sweetest bedroom! Love your style. Good job on giving into the husband request. I'm with you on that! (I had to do the same thing) But, one day, we'll have enough $ to buy that sleigh crib we've always wanted. (maybe the last child)
Post a Comment