March 19, 2009

My Polka Dot Baby Shower

I had my baby shower tonight and it was soooo fun! First of all, my friends have been hard at work for the past few weeks putting all the details together, and they did such a good job. From the invitation, you can see, that they had it all covered...Polka Dots Galore...even down to the circular invitations!!! We had the classic cake and ice cream, but my clever cohorts couldn't just serve it the good ole fashioned way: so we had polka dot ice cream... otherwise known as Mochi Balls, which is some sort of Japanese Dessert that they sell at Trader Joes, which are surprisingly yummy...and hilarious to eat. A must try...especially if you ask Jeff.
...and not just plain-old un-romantic slices of cake, but yummy Cake Balls, to go with the polka dot theme that were soooo cute! (and way too yummy, too)

They planned every little thing down to covering the water bottles with zebra paper and ribbon to match. My friends are pretty stinkin' crafty, and they rub off on me, which is so fun!
When you walked in the front door...This is what you saw...Holy cute set-up, batman! Polka dot plates napkins, even!
We played a multi-taskin' momma game...which I am sad to announce, I didn't win...Dang it! Congrats, Lindsay! Where we had to talk on a cell phone, hold a baby doll and hang random articles of clothing on a clothes line whilst in the midst of a horrible storm (the clothesline was wiggling all over the place) Person to hang the most stuff in a minute won!
and so many really fun gifts! I feel so blessed to have so many talented and giving friends already in California! So many people worked so hard to make it amazing...and it was! Thanks, guys!!! I love you all!

3 comments:

Sherry said...

SOOOOO CUTE!!!! I'm sad I missed it...At least I made it to the first one!! =)

Missy said...

SO so cute! Love the polka dots idea. Your friends are awesome to put that together for you:)

Matt and Mel Odell said...

It was fun to do, can't wait for Ivy to come!! I might steal a few pics if you don't mind.