July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!

Such a fun day to live in California! Everyone was out on their bikes all the live long day, and it was so fun to see all the old cars out and about. We missed the annual parade due to the play, but we had a fun day, nevertheless! Holy Ribbons, I know, I should have used skinnier ones, but I made this dress before Ivy was born, and had no idea about how huge, huge really was. This is Ivy's 4th of July dress. I also made a pair of shorts for Max to match her, but they looked like girl shorts, so we didn't make him wear them too long! ha ha. They aren't so bad looking when he's sitting. I hereby promise to NEVER make Max or Ivy wear something ugly just because I made it. yikes!
Jeff got a new grill that we've been saving up for, for our anniversary, and he spent the whole day cooking up a yummy meal for our fam!

doesn't this look sooo yummy?!? It totally was! Jeff made homemade french fries in his fryer, which the neighborhood couldn't get enough of, and these yummy California Burgers, compliments of his new Bobby Flay book. He's so cute when he cooks...He gets so into it, making from scratch every little part from the guacamole to the garlic/salt mixture on the fries. It's a good thing he's cute because he makes the hugest mess! I made old-fashioned banana milkshakes the way my grandma Ellsworth used to make for us. Such a yummy BBQ with some of our friends that were still in town!
Then we walked down to the beach, which is probably a little over a mile and a half, and sat next to the PCH to watch the fireworks show off the pier.
I really have no idea how to take a good picture of fireworks with my camera...this is the best one I got...blah, but being down by the beach with a gazillion people watching the show was so fun!
here are Jeff and Max watching the pretty lights!
We are so grateful to live in America, where we have so many freedoms! Happy Birthday, USA!

No comments: