June 4, 2009

A coupla things

Here are a coupla things I've been doing lately...

a ruffle butt (pardon my french...hee hee, but that's what they called it...and it cracks me up. ruffle bum just isn't as funny) for Ivy on one of her onesies...I got the idea from my favorite blog to look at:Ucreate, and the tutorial is here...I just used zebra (of course) ribbon instead of fabric (because I had scraps!)

A wet bag for the beach that holds wet swimming suits, etc...The lining is vinyl-covered fabric (scraps from some chairs I covered a while ago), and the outside is sturdy canvas. The neighbor girls did this project during nap time, and I didn't have a zipper, so I had to make mine solo, but it was my first time sewing a zipper...hmmm. not as bad as I thought, but not my favorite thing to sew...I actually think it was the vinyl (which stuck to my sewing machine as I sewed) that made it not so fun. I'll have to have a real lesson in how to sew a zipper from the expert (my MIL) later. Anyways, the tutorial for the wet bag is found at Little Birdie Secrets. here

Jeff just got home from a quick trip to AZ, and brought me back my hanging flower baskets...which I loved back in the desert. So, we went to Walmart, and got some cute little pink vincas (cheapest thing there) to put in them to pretty up our place. They make me happy when I look out the window! grow babies, grow!

Lastly...I thought I was done with this stage for a while, but fluffernutter, which is now Max's all-time favorite sandwich (and we're almost out of fluff) is just too fun to lick off of his fingers. grrr...it is the stickiest mess I have ever seen. Whatever, dude.

1 comment:

Emily C said...

i'm 'in love with the ruffle butt