December 31, 2008

The Reptile Zoo

Mar Mar had to work today, so Max and I flew solo, and planned a trip to the reptile zoo in Monroe/Sultan. I remember the guy that owns this place coming to my elementary school and showing us all of these crazy things. It was REALLY cool for Max...I think I'd rather not know that things as large as these exist...but cool for me, too.We saw Iguana'sVery large snakes that eat people (it said so on the sign), I think this is a Python, but don't quote me. Are you kidding with how huge that is?!?
Tortoises that we could touch... An Albino Alligator --that was WAY coolAnd as much as I H-A-Y-T spiders, this was my favorite thing...they used to have this Large 'Bird eating Spider' at the PHX zoo...we LOVED to go look at it, because Max LOVES spiders...but, for some stupid reason, being that it's the year of the frog, the PHX zoo took the exhibit down this year and replaced it with a bunch of frogs...my finger is up my nose. This freaking spider is bigger than my hand! yuck...as long as it's in the cage, it's stinkin' awesome!There were also very large madagascar hissing cockroaches, which as soon as Max saw them, he pointed and said "Grandma's House." (sorry, Cheryl, but he does remember other cool things other than there are cockroaches at your house...I thought it was cute). We saw frogs, dragons, diamondbacks (get 'em Dbacks!) rattle snakes, tarantulas, Boa Constrictors, chameleons, etc, etc, etc...boy paradise in there! Enjoy the sick-nast pictures!

No comments: