April 10, 2012

Easter 2012

We had a little bit different Easter than normal this year!
We woke up and did the same thing...egg hunt, etc.  BUT we weren't going to have an Easter dinner, so we had an Easter Breakfast...which in our family means hard-boiled eggs and Pull-Aparts!  YUM!
But, the tradition is, that on Easter, you only get to eat an egg if you crack it on somebody else's head...we all picked to crack it on Jeff's head...
he loves this tradition, I know it!

 Then we got the kids ready for church...just these two crazies, with Scarlet not even a week old yet, she and Mar Mar and I stayed home from church.  
 They sure looked cute in their Easter get-ups!
 After Sacrament Mtg, they came home and changed clothes, kissed Mar Mar goodbye and drove off into the sunset with Jeff to meet Grandma for a Spring Break in Arizona.  
A fun week with one Grandma, and then off to another fun week with another Grandma...how lucky are they?!?
I did get choked up as they were pulling away...but let's be honest, a week alone with a new baby is like the best gift ever, right?!
I miss them, but that's good!  I'll be all ready and geared up for real life on Monday when Grandma goes home, and school starts again.  
sigh
should I start crying now?

No comments: