Kindergarten is fast approaching, and our goal was to finish his reading book before it started! We have 7 days left and 6 lessons left, and I wanted to for sure record max reading before we finished the book! He's doing so awesome, I'm constantly impressed with how smart he is an how hard he works. It's been so fun to teach him to read, and watch him build confidence in himself! I love to hear him reading books in his room to Ivy.
Another fun thing we found was a little game Max got for his birthday. It's called Pop for Sight Words (we got ours at Amazon). It's a little pop corn container filled with 100 sight words. You take turns pulling out the popped kernels. If you can read the word correctly, you get to keep the kernel...if you don't you set it aside. If you pull a POP kernel, you have to put all of your words away. It's a fun way to practice sight words. Jeff didn't even mind playing! (probably because he won)


1 comment:
Dear MAX...you are an amazing reader. WOW!!! BUT....please don't paint yourself GREEN, because I won't be able to find you on the football field.
:) HA HA!! XO
Post a Comment