July 2, 2011

Arizona at a glance

Jeff had to go to Arizona for work for a couple weeks, so the kids and I tagged along for part of it.  It just happened to be the same weekend of a fun "crafter's night out" hosted by my {real life}friend Kristyn from Lil Luna, so I scored me a ticket and got to go to my first 'blog" shindig.  I loved it...!
I got a ton of fun things, and met a bunch of really cute crafters...namely, Dave's Wife, Kristy!...loved her!
Funny thing is that she was wearing the dress that jen had just posted on our iCandy blog....it was hilarious, and she was hilarious!
After that, we celebrated Father's Day in Tempe...My friends in HB had a little tie-decorating party, and we didn't get back from swim lessons in time to decorate with the girls, but I had already started painting Jeff's tie, so I figured I might as well finish it off with the kids.  Jeff was the best-dressed dad in Tempe 10th ward...
followed closely behind by Grandpa...max made him his tie in Preschool.  We made one for Paw Paw too {bow tie of course}...did he wear it?  let's see it, Paw Paw!
 Grandma made Max an official Bug-Explorer vest, per Max's request.  He's obsessed with traipsing around the yard looking for bugs, and for sure needed a vest to hook all of his tools on to.  It was just exactly what he wanted, and he couldn't get enough!  Sad thing was that Grandma's bug guy is just too good...he couldn't find a bug inside or out!

 We got to participate in Grandma Day with the AZ cousins...Grandma got the slip n slide out for part of the time, and we all played in the pool for the rest of it.  It was so fun to play with the older kids!


Daddy was able to play with us too, for a couple of the days that we were there....woo hoo!
 We fed the ducks in 114 degree heat...those were some hungry ducks...I don't think they've been fed since March when it was below 80!
 We went to our favorite, the Tempe Historical Museum, which is free and totally awesome...our kids love that place! 
 and we got our own spontaneious tour of the inside of a fire truck



AND we got to play with our friends the Halbisons at the Splash park in Tempe (didn't bring my camera there!) AND have a BBQ and a swim with Jeff's friend from BYU and his Family, the Wilkes (Adam was a Catcher for BYU, and Jeff was a Pitcher)
we had so much fun...and then Arizona came to HB!  more to come!

No comments: