April 1, 2011

Happy Birthday to Ivy!

Ivy turned 2 today!  hooray!
Here's what we did to celebrate her day...for now!
I found these super fun templates in Family Fun Mag for an April Fool's Day trick
(this is about as tricky as I get on AFD...Hannah and the Peanut Butter incident in college really made me not prefer this holiday!...and if you ask Jeff, I can't take a joke!).  
Since Ivy's birthday is on April Fool's, and because we hosted Ward Story Time at our house this morning, I thought we'd go with the doughnut theme!  
We gave these to the kids to snack on...


we read some books about eating junk, and doughnuts (The Doughnut Chef is super cute, as is The Great Doughnut Parade, and Gregory the Terrible Eater)
We sang to Ivy and she blew out the candle on her massive Doughnut Cake...


and all her friends got to enjoy the cake, too!


Max was at school while all of this happened, so after all of our friends left, Ivy and I high-tailed it to Pretend City (the coolest place alive) to play for a little while, just the 2 of us!







We took a brief intermission for "naps" after we picked up max and then went back and played for a few more house.
I hope she had a fun day!  

3 comments:

Becky M said...

Happy Birthday cutie patutie!

Rachelle said...

Happy Birthday to beautiful, Ivy!! Wow, how is she already 2? Let's get together soon!

Rachelle said...

P.S. She is so darn adorable! I love her birthday pictures. :)