July 19, 2012

Goonies

Who doesn't love Goonies...
It's hilarious, pirate-ish...everyone loves that movie.
So, I thought my kids would love it, too!
I haven't watched that movie for YEARS...
...I maybe should have pre-viewed it again before sharing it with my kids...oh, and the Moffett kids!  ha...at least there mom and dad were there to help shoulder the blame.
I totally prepared Max and Ivy that there were going to be some bad words in it that we don't say....you know, 'stupid', 'shut-up', maybe a little 'idiot' and 'hate'...those are the really bad ones that we just don't say.  They were totally ready for 'em, and were totally on patrol when they heard them.  They gasped in shock every time. 

I failed to mention to them, or remember at all for that matter, that every swear word in the book is in there...maybe except for the very worst one...oops...I don't even think those words registered in their ears (good thing) because they were too busy laughing through the whole movie at the part where they knock over a certain man-shaped statue and break-off its essential part...and then continue to glue it back on upside down.  I've been hearing about that part ever since...
nothing else in the movie mattered...as far as they were concerned, esp. Max, it was the best movie ever! 
We won't be watching it again for a few years.
sheesh
PG my booty!

2 comments:

pedsma22@gmail.com said...

I thought the same thing... but PG back when it was made would be PG-13 this day and age.

Natalie said...

What a cute pic! I kinda feel a little famous now. Thank you for inviting us. We had a lot of fun.